The steering group of MentalEmpowerment represents the strategical directions and innovative impulses of our initiative and is composed of representatives from the fields of sportpsychology, sport science and psychotherapy/psychiatry.
Especially the following working fields are shaped and fulfilled of the steering group:
- Development of practical recommendations and guidelines for practical work in education, and coaching of athletes and/or their advisors. This development takes place in close cooperation with professional associations, representatives of praxis and partner institutions.
- Definition, selection, design and recommendation of criteria for appropriate screeningtools with salutogenetic orientation.
- Development of recommendations for education and further education of different target groups. These recommendations should help educational institutions to plan or revise their conceptions
- Development and initiation of researcht with high perspectives on transfer of knowledge and relevance in practical work for mental health in elite sport.
- Application to the advisory board or to external funds to financiate specific projects in the field of mental health in elite sport.
Dipl.-Psych. Anna Heese
Psychological ambulance of the German Sports University Cologne
Dr. Egbert Herrmann
Medical Head of psychosomatic section, Clinic Medicos.AufSchalke
Univ. Prof. Dr. Michael Kellmann
Ruhr University Bochum
Univ. Prof. Dr. Jens Kleinert
Institute of Psychology, German Sports University Cologne
Dipl.-Psych. Monika Liesenfeld
Sportpsychologist, Olympic Training Center Berlin
Prof. Dr. Thorsten Weidig
Sportpsychologist and lecturer of H:G University for Health and Sport, Technic and Arts, Berlin